Saturday, March 21, 2009

Just wandering around :)


So Alex played tour guide and took us to Van Gogh's cemetery/gardens/house/etc. and later we headed to Paris for dinner. This morning Chessa and I went to St. Christophe to check out the market and boy was it worth waking up on a Saturday morning!





Look at this crazy wall of strawberries!



Tubs of olives!



Look at all the produce I bought (well, plus bread and PAIN SUISSE) for 15 euros!



Heading into the train station (not metro - it's different!)



Old school train :)



It's weird - but I think I like it :)



Yeah yeah, color accent again



The stop



I found another feature on my camera! Macro - makes really close up shots super clear



They have dandelions in France! Hahaha the thought of that made me happy :)



Street signs



This is the inside of the church that Van Gogh painted... Looked like a miniature Notre Dame



Pretty n'est-ce pas?



:)



Ha I love this house! I wish I could've gotten back far enough to get the whole thing but there wa a wall in my way :(



Outside the church



Wide open spaces



The cemetery... Graves here are PIMPED OUT



No color accent necessary :)



And here he lies



Beside his brother



Isn't it just lovely?



Ok, so now you'll be getting a lot more nature shots :) (notice the bee in the top right corner)



Grave in Blue (modern art)



They had signs with his famous paintings to mark places where he got his inspiration



We walked all over!



French countryside :)



We're all green!



Think we'd make a cute couple? ;-)



It was a day of flowers - they were everywhere!



Just looked pretty



Haha a "doormat"



Cute pansies



Told you they were everywhere!



??? I have no idea what they were but they looked cool



Coolest train stop ever... It was so pretty!



Sunflowers!



Walking under the tracks



Ceiling



Stairs leading up to platform



Tricked out train :)



We got pretty tired



Giant Nutella!



Isn't it gorgeous?



I LOVE PARIS!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. OMG. First of all, I thought the top picture was red bell peppers until I read your caption! The flowers are amazing, you'd make a cute couple with ANYONE but you should look for a live one, and the Nutella jar is a hoot--is that for real?

    ReplyDelete