Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Day at the Louvre


So I want to take full advantage of my Carte Orange (a metro pass that you pay for a month at a time and you get to use the entire metro and bus system in Paris) and go into Paris for the second day in a row... I went with Mat, Chessa, and Alex and we decided to grab food in the Latin Quarter (I swear, I had the best Nutella crepe EVER) and then hit up the Louvre for the afternoon...




Think I'm a tad obsessed?



Justice department (actual gold leaf)



I see GRASS!!!! I miss green things...



You can see the Eiffel Tower in the distance



:)



Probably one of my favorite pictures that I've taken so far.... Metro and la Tour Eiffel... :-D



And me!



They have these little "shops" all along the Seine



A double decker bus!



Back again



In the daylight



The machine that cleans the pyramid



Cool fountain



Me and Mathieu!



I really like this statue... I found a figurine at one of the giftshops and am debating on whether or not I should get it...



The ceilings are gorgeous...



Look at the detail!



There was a lot of religious artwork



*sigh*



For some odd reason, this is one of my favorite paintings so far (of John the Baptist). Kind of reminds me of the characters in A Nightmare Before Christmas.



Oh my gosh... These paintings were huge and you would NOT BELIEVE the amount of detail...



The other one




A close up of a tiny portion of the first painting



It's Alex! :)



Mat decided to try on my things... Silly boy...



This was another one of my favorites...



I love his expression....



And look at her hands!



This guy made me laugh :)



Buddies?



Creepy...



I decided to be a bandit



It's about my height



Together :)



This room is amazing.... You walk into this ginormous space and all these huge marble statues are there... It's so... AMAZING!



Closer



I have no idea how they could do the detail on these marble statues...

2 comments:

  1. You know, it's such a treat to look at all these pictures you've taken--somehow they seem more "real" when I know you've actually seen them, than seeing them in a book. It's all beautiful. But once again, I'm surprised by one of the many oddities that has caught your eye. The machine that cleans the pyramid? Honestly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos! Could you give a little history on a painting or statue (who, when, what it is...) once in a while for your old man? Do you know I qualify for free checking at banks in one more year...how depressing is that!??!. I would love to hear you sing sometime, have someone record it next time.

    ReplyDelete