Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The PERFECT DAY out in Paris :)

Ok so today was absolutely perfect... We went out to Paris for the day and I saw amazing things, smelled delicious food, ate my first 'real' crepe, purchase a purse that I love, and took a ton of pictures... Here's a sampling of what I got to see and do :)





Famous metro stop



Pretty shop



All the bakeries have such pretty displays



Flowers in February! (sunflowers oh boy!) :)



The Moulin Rouge!!!!



And again



So this was my first crepe experience... He spooned out the mixture



...spread it very thinly on the hot plate...



....flipped it and added Nutella...



...and it was DELICIOUS!



Veggie stand



Cheese shop (this made me think of Daron) :)



Eiffel Tower cheese! Hahahaha :)



Butcher's shop



They still had the shells! ...weird...



This picture made me think of Madeline :)



It's a tiny car with hearts on it! :)



Mathieu taught me how to make my camera do fun things :)



Pretty scarves



This was the 'painting place.' All these artists had their paintings set up and they were painting and selling...



One of my favorites...



My absolutely favorite - I wanted it so badly! (He wanted 600 euros for it... sad day....)



Sacre Coeur



Me and the Sacre Coeur :)



I wanted to ride the carousel...



At the Louvre!



*sigh*



hahahahaha :-D



I SAW THE MONA LISA!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)



I thought this painting was so beautiful...



I thought this baby was adorable :) Miss you Benjamin!



*huge sigh* :-)



*jump for joy*



An espresso from a little cafe



Haha Chessa looks skeptical... I had no idea a picture was being taken...



The cafe...



The AMAZING purse I bought - even the bag it came in was pretty :)

It was such an amazing day... Dad I think you would have loved the crepes - you can get salty ones with cheese and sausage or ham and sugary ones with chocolate and fruit... Mom I know you would have loved all the shops and getting to see the cathedrals - they're soooooooo gorgeous and huge and awe-inspiring... I can see Madeline getting lost in the old bookstores and art stores - there was an adorable cafe with all this modern art where I could see her sitting in a corner reading her book and sipping some kind of tea... Olivia I could totally see you striking a pose in front of theh Moulin Rouge and singing songs from the movie! And Benjamin... well, I think I would have to stop myself from buying every single chocolate thing he asked for lol... I wish all of you could be here with me! I love and miss you all very much!

I'm going to go watch a movie with friends now... Night night (sort of)! :)

4 comments:

  1. I was impressed with the Eiffel Tower cheese...a cheese that stands above all others! I'm glad you were strong enough to see everything. I wouldn't have been able to get passed all the bakeries! Cynthia Deyton will be following you, too. She's interested in how they will teach the E-commerce class. I'm getting ready to make some no-bakes...wish you were here. Have fun and keep the pictures coming. Love Big Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! The pictures are gorgeous and I would love to shop at all the different places you've been. Just like in the moview--meat, veggies, bread, all from different stalls, then throw the flowers on top.....
    Love and miss you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. The purse looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Big Daddy"????? Where did that come from??? Silly Daddy....

    And yes, you have no idea how ecstatic the purse has made me. I saw it and had to have it - lucky for me it wasn't that expensive! :)

    ReplyDelete