Saturday, February 21, 2009

Nutella Party, Flea Market, Latin Quarter (oh boy!) :)

Ok so last night Mathieu came over and we decided to have a Nutella party and watch The Lion King. I've just discovered Nutella (even though my family members have been eating it for months, I've never tried it) and I'm hooked for life. It's soooooooooooo good... Eat it straight, eat it on a baguette, eat it in a nice warm crepe... You can't go wrong! I hadn't watched The Lion King in years and I'd forgotten how cute it was. I cried when Mufasa died and laughed at Timon and Pumba and sang along with all the songs (as did Chessa and Mat)... Ended up staying awake til after 3 am, which wasn't a good idea since I was waking up at 7:30 to go to the flea market in Porte de Clignancourt. The flea market was ok - not quite what I was expecting but it was still nice to get out and see more of Paris. We (being me, Chessa, Courtney, Rita, and Denise) went to the Latin Quarter to eat lunch and go to a 2nd hand bookstore for some textbooks and more looking around. A metro ride and a trip to Auchan later, I'm now back.... Finally... What a long day!




Chessa, Mathieu, and me.... Oh Nutella, how we love thee...



Chessa and I each bought our own big jars... We're about halfway through already.



I had to go so bad! The guy behind me thought I was crazy...



Art booth at the entrance of the flea market...



A row of vendors



:)



I love the buildings/architecture - it's so beautiful!



I'm gonna start taking pictures of every metro stop - the signs are so pretty :)



Apparently there was a protest against psychiatrists. The protesters said that they're expensive and do no good and prescribe medications that make people commit suicide... I've learned that France has a lot of protests and transportation strikes...



Lunch!



Chessa and I enjoyed our paninis immensely



Bookstore for antique books



Hahahaha :)



Fountain in the Latin Quarter



Some of the escalators in the shopping mall don't have stairs! It's so weird...



French equivalent of Wal-Mart... They have some pretty sweet deals. I bought a 5 pound package of precut pork for 3 euros!



The name of the shopping center...



I couldn't help myself... This was at the flea market for 18 euros! Now I have a purse for general use and one for going out... No more purses! ;-)



No more lip ring... just a stud, and pretty soon that will be gone too



Haha random video from the metro :)

Ok, Chessa and I are hosting a dinner party tonight and I have to go wash the dishes and get ready... Miss you all!

1 comment:

  1. Emily. You are a GOOBER. Capital G and all the rest capitalized, too! Nutella is awesome, of course, and the guy behind you is probably right. Gooberishness aside, YOU are awesome, beautiful and once again, I LOVE the purse! And I think you should make a collage of all your metro photos.....

    ReplyDelete