Sunday, February 15, 2009

A night out in Paris!

Oh my goodness.... So I FINALLY got to see Paris!!!! We were scheduled to go out on the Bateau Mouche with WWW (the exchange student welcome group) so a group of friends and I decided to head into Paris for a little exploring on our own. The metro is crazy! I don't know if I'll ever be able to figure it out on my own lol... We got of at the Eiffel Tower exit and walked along the Seine. I got to see the famous "Tour Eiffel" as it's called in French. It was so beautiful! It was so much bigger and more.... metallic? than I expected. I took a gazillion pictures :) We went on the Bateau Mouche and got to see several French monuments - so pretty! Then a walk down the Champs Elyees and dinner at Flam's. A group decided to go out to the Caberet for a little dancing and boy was it crowded! It was definitely a European club - everyone dressed to perfection and the tech/trance music... I had planned on leaving around 2 or 3 am but I found out that the metro closes from 1 am to 5 am so I ended up dancing into the wee hours of the morning... I didn't get back until 7 am and no sleep until 7:30.... Which is why I slept til 3 today :) Although my feet still hurt from walking and dancing, I would still do it all again - last night was AMAZING!!!!


These pictures are in reverse order so earlier in the evening is at the bottom....






Henning is from Germany. And the mark on my chest is from scratching an itch (no worries Mom!) :)



Chessa, Julia, and me



Dancing the night away!



The club was right by the Louvre - this is a famous metro stop



Julien and me



These things were amazing! It was like a pizza but not... Really thin crust (almost like a tortilla or flat bread) and then some kind of cream sauce (not tomato) with various toppings. The most interesting one I had was ham, brie, and honey.



Really dark but this is Notre Dame



Le Pont Neuf



The Eiffel Tower lights up at night!



GORGEOUS



Yup, the obligatory "I'm in Paris" picture :)



My first sight of La Tour Eiffel



The metro



The lobby of my dorm, Cergy le Haut

2 comments:

  1. That eyefull of tower doesnt mean you are in Paris!!! I've seen better Eifel Towers in Las Vegas and Disneyworld. Have you Really Left Spruce Pine? I need more proof than that. Also, no way that is the lobby of YOUR dorm. Your lobby would have a huge line of people waiting to just get a glimpse of you, mon pomme de terre de tete.

    ReplyDelete