Saturday, May 16, 2009

Giverny - lots of flowers


So my French civ class took a fieldtrip (yeah we still get to do those in college!) to Giverny, Monet's house where he painted the waterlilies. It was GORGEOUS! A lot of these are just nature shots, but they're pretty to look at. :)




Cute little painter's shop in the town



This store was adorable - a girl's dream shop :) Full of floral prints and soaps and perfumes, etc. etc....



In front of the cute shop



You know the drill... "love me some color accent!"



And again



A little cafe



I think it was also a hotel



His gardens were huge! He had no front lawn - it was all just flowers :)



Like this...



...and these...



Yay we're here!



Haha, hiding behind the lily :)



Look - a bee!



It sprinkled a little bit while we were there



In front of his house



I love the contrasting pink and blue



Ok, so this picture is semi-illegal... Pictures were allowed but I didn't use flash! I just fell in love with his dining room and kitchen - love the colors



There was a "picture monitor" in the kitchen so I couldn't get a whole photo of it, but once I was outside I got this shot of a wall... All walls were covered in these (and variations of these) tiles - it was so pretty! It might seem like that much tilework would be overwhelming, but the rest of the kitchen was super-simple so it worked... Quote of the day: "I thought artists were supposed to be poor... This place is rather nice - I'm dissappointed" (Minna)



DO NOT DISTURB THE FOWL.



THE FOWL



Pretty pansy :)



Guess where I'm heading... :-D



More pretty pansies :)



Some of the group: Isabel, me, Mat, Tania, and Gerardo



Look how pretty!



Mat got all 'artsy'



Those famous lilypads :)



I really wish I could come live here



Cause it's GORGEOUS



So pretty!



The bridge - look at all the wysteria!



I really like this shot



I would love to bring a good book and a cup of tea out here



Yeah, I can be a creeper sometimes :)



Say *CHEESE*



Pretty flowers



The bridge was covered



Parting glance



Another bee picture :)



I have no idea what this was... So random and so... uncoordinated? It didn't go with the rest of the place at all



Made me think of Madeline - just a row of purple flowers



Pretty n'est-ce pas?



Before the haircut...



After the haircut!



I'll get some ones with it curly up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment